Gender-Sensitive CommunicationsNov 25, 2017
This guide aims to:
- help readers identity sexist language; and
- provide guidance for inclusive language for written communications as well as visual and audio materials.
What is in this document?
- The rationale of gender-sensitive communications
- Six Principles for written and oral communications
- Ensure that women and men are represented
- Challenge gender stereotypes
- Avoid exclusionary forms
- Use equal forms of address
- Create a gender balance
- Promote gender equity through titles
- Three Principles for audio & visual materials
For details on the guidelines, please refer to this link.