World Humanitarian Day 2016
Date: Friday 19 August 2016
Every year, the global community commemorates World Humanitarian Day (WHD) on 19 August to rally support for humanitarian action and to recognize the humanitarians who risk their lives providing assistance to people in need. This year, the United Nations and its partners will come together under the banner of 'One Humanity' and call for global solidarity with the more than 130 million people around the world who are affected by conflict and disaster.
Following on from the successful event in 2015, The United Nations agencies are partnering again with Cairo Runners, the renowned local running group.
- Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- The League of Arab States (LAS)
- Cairo Runners
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)