Support to Pension Fund and Fiscal Policy Reform
What is the Project About:
UNDP cooperates with the Ministry of Finance (MOF) in supporting the following areas:
- Social Insurance system modernization and automation of procedures.
- Monitoring the Public Private Partnerships (PPP) approach to government investment projects.
- Support the Macro-Fiscal Policy Unit which provides technical advice to the Minister in formulating/amending policies. The Unit is a leader in transparency, publishing monthly statistical reports and results of its research and analysis; thus building trust and confidence among the donor community and international investors.
What have we accomplished so far?
- The first “Strategic Planning Forum” was organized during 2015 to develop MOF’s vision and strategic goals.
- Public Private Partnerships projects were promoted in several regional and international conferences and summits.
- Monthly memos covering main macroeconomic and fiscal updates, pension law, and global economic development were prepared.
- Internal Audit roadmap and information technology unit’s mandate are being developed.
- Payroll automation studies have been conducted and are being reviewed.
Who finances this project?
Ministry of Finance (MOF)
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
$2,807,881 (July 2009-Dec 2011)
$1,102,329 (Budget Extension 2015-2016)
Delivery in previous fiscal year
Around the world
You are at UNDP Egypt
Go to UNDP Global