National Global Compact & Corporate Social Responsibility Centre
What is the project about?
We, together with our partners, work to promote the practice and awareness on corporate social responsibility (CSR). The Egyptian Coporate Responsibility Center's (ECRC) objective is to provide service and knowledge in the following areas:
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Corporate Governance
- Base of the pyramid (BOP) Business Models
- Social Entrepreneurship
The ECRC empowers businesses by providing CSR services including capacity building, advocacy, consultations, knowledge management and certification.
What have we accomplished so far?
- ECRC launched the second edition of the Business Solutions for Human Development Report to reinforce the role of private sector in poverty reduction in Egypt and engagement withthe poor while making profits.
- ECRC in collaboration with the American University in Cairo (AUC) & and International Finance Cooperation (IFC) worked on the Women on Boards initiative (WOB) to improve the gender balance of corporate boards in Egypt through multiple interventions.
- The ESG Index was launched during the 3rd annual conference in 2012. The index ranks companies listed in the stock exchange market according to various variables in the Environment, Social and Governance dimensions.
- Consultation meetings held with the private sector in 2013 to gather inputs for the Post-2015 Development Agenda and plan for the future of sustainable development.
- In 2015, the Global Compact Network Egypt became an independent entity in the form of a foundation, which provides the network Secretariat and manages the operation of the Local Network. It has 123 participants.
- Global Compact retained 29 members and actively recruited 22 new participants to network.
- ECRC supported the launch of the Global Compact network in Tunis and has hosted in Egypt the MENA Global Compact regional meeting. The regional meeting offered the platform for the different local networks to share experience and exchange information.
- The first and second round of the ISO 26000 Training of Trainers were conducted for 12 participants from the private sector, business development organizations, and NGOs.
- 69 companies joined the Global Compact Network.
- ECRC worked on Social Entrepreneurship Programme in which it developed an outstandingly effective program on the development of Egypt’s local talents featured in the “Creative Egypt” event which was held at the Furnex exhibition in Egypt & turned to be the Home for Local Talents
Who finances this project?
The Arab African Bank
Industrial Modernization Center (IMC)
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
What is the Project Budget?
$2,105,334.56 (budget extension)
Delivery in previous fiscal year