Supporting Information Technology Institute (ITI) Activities – Phase II
What is this project about?
The project supports the implementing partner activities, ITI, in providing the Egyptian Public and Private labor market with a pool of highly qualified IT professionals and entrepreneurs. The project supports the following areas:
- Promoting innovation and entrepreneurship across ITI and private sector.
- Enhancement of the employability skills of the youth and creation of new job opportunities.
- Enhancement of ITI international cooperation relations.
What have we accomplished so far?
- Established a Centre of Excellence in Cloud Computing , in Upper Egypt. The centre is located on campus at the University of Assiut with access to a wide pool of human resources candidate for training and coaching in Cloud Administration and development, and is setting up undergraduate programs to develop the professional skills required for a career in the cloud computing industry.
- Developed a 9-month Professional Training Program. This branded ITI Professional di-ploma has been designed to adapt new trends in ICT do-main and present it to distin-guished graduates. This year, 508 IT professionals were graduated in different line of business; Industrial Systems, Information System, Infra-structure, Software Engineering & Development and Content Development.
- Provided internship, training and post graduate education opportunities to 100 ITI staff.
- Enhanced computing skills among private sector employees.
- 2,450 ITI graduate students and 30,000 undergraduates have successfully completed ITI trainings.
- Established new academic paths with foreign partner Universities as the University of Nottingham, Oregon Health and Science University, Lund University and the University of Paderborn, to promote academic research and internship programmes.
Who finances this project?
Egyptian Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT)
Egypt ICT Trust Fund
Delivery in previous fiscal year
- ITI expanded its activities to reach different areas in Egypt by opening 3 branches in Egypt’s governorates.
- Since the establishment of ITI, 1.200.000 Egyptian youth have attended ITI training programmes.
- ITI branches in Alexandria, Mansoura, Assuit, 61 affiliates training centers in 22 governorates in Egypt held 119 training.
- 31 Intakes of the 9-Month Professional Diploma graduated 7000 IT Professionals.
- Under the umbrella of bilateral cooperation between both Ministries of Communications and Information Technology in Egypt and Sudan, the ITI developed a series of prototype programs for knowledge exchange through an innovative blended learning sys-tem where the ITI expert calibers delivered training from the institute hub in Giza to distant trainees in Sudan’s Ahfad Uni-versity in Um Dorman and in the Ministry IT departments in Khartoum.