Support to the Modernization of the Egyptian Post (Phase II)
What is the project about?
In a sense of progress toward a better future and change, the Egyptian Government aims to renovate Egypt Post (EP) by modernizing the services provided to its citizens, especially the unprivileged ones. The project aims to enhance the internal structure of EP to achieve several objectives:
- Developing its Technical and Institutional Capacity
- Modernizing its delivery services mechanisms in order to attain customer satisfaction
- Improving its accessibility to the poor by using ICT technologies.
What have we accomplished so far?
- Enhancing the institutional capacity by tailoring a suitable strategic plan to achieve goals;
- Automating 2,400 out of 4,000 post offices;
- Developing a portal for public services that provides payment services;
- Automating 3.5 million insurance users accounts;
- Establishing the plan of training 20,000 employees over the next 4 years;
- Out-sourcing consulting in establishing a new call center;
- Hiring trained and skilled leaders.
Who finances this project?
The Government of Egypt
Delivery in previous fiscal year